Monday 16 February 2015

Voice Over Inspirations

This post is all about the voice over I'll be creating for my video and how I want to go about it.
 I've already written up a script for when May talks but I decided I want a voice over that sounds like a news report as well as a way of setting the scene for the audience.


The first option is to create a montage of different voices from a range of different news reports, similar to the style used in World War Z. However, instead of them reporting about nondescript life, I want it to specifically report about the events leading up to May and her sister's current situation. The reports would include things such a riots, cannibalism, lack of supplies and general terror from around the world. I want it to be set in a world where zombies and the undead aren't a part of pop culture (books, films, TV). I want it to be clear that no one has ever seen or heard anything like this before.


Another option which is somewhat similar to the first is to have only the one voice when reporting the news. This was inspired by The Walking Dead at 1:20 in the video above where all you can hear is the man's voice on the radio reporting about the events of the apocalypse happening worldwide. This would be am easier option to do as it only involves the one person talking instead of grouping together 4+ people to recreate the first option. Also, this script would include similar topics from those described above. Again, this is a world no one has ever heard of. However, instead of a series of different reports containing no more than one sentence, this will sound more like an emergency report that would be broadcasted over all radio stations, like a public notice.

When I come to record the voice over, I will probably keep in style with option two.
 However, I might even combine the two, primarily keeping one voice prominent but then have May send out a message of help, or asking if anyone else is alive.
 I will write up a script within the next couple of days when I reach a final decision.

Until next time,
                          Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment