Tuesday 10 February 2015

Choosing Between Footage

In regards to my last post, this is all about choosing which footage to use in my final piece.
 When filming each scene, I took it upon myself to film certain shots at a range of different angles just in case my original idea didn't go to plan. And today I will be deciding which will be the better option to use for the real deal. The shot in question is when May closes the curtains in the kitchen.

Option #1





The first option sits at a medium wide long shot so you can still see the character but also her surroundings. I do like this angle but I feel it looks slightly amateurish for my liking and I feel it looks as if Alex is slightly out of shot.


Option #2
The next option is a low angle medium long shot and you are able to still see the character even if it is slightly dark. What I like about this shot is that you still get the impression of the dark gloomy weather outside, even though this part was filmed on a different day under different weather conditions.
The light works to my advantage as when put in sequence with my other shots, they all look to be filmed within the same day.






Option #3
This final option is one most similar to the one in my storyboard, however it doesn't work within my sequence. I tried several times to position this angle but it looks the most amateur out of them all. Also, because the camera is placed where a huge amount of light shines on it, the depth of field changes instantly to adjust to the change in light but is very blurry for a couple of seconds before it focusses back in again. For this reason, I won't be using this as my footage.






All in all, I think I'll use option two as it is better positioned in terms of how I want it and doesn't become blurry after the curtain is closed. And that's all for this post

Until next time,
                          Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment