Thursday 29 January 2015

Filming So Far & Test Footage

This post is just a little update of what I've done so far. So at this point I have filmed about 2 thirds of my footage. I started filming on Wednesday and that was the first scene where we see May walking along the path with blood on her hands and her weapon.
 There were a few problems I encountered as I originally wanted to film scene 1 and 2. However, the filming location was next to a ball par where a few people were playing. This was fine as I didn't get any in shot and for the audio it didn't matter as I'm using a voice over so any external noises would be silenced anyway. However, I was trying to take establishing shots and there were more people walking down. So, I've decided to use this footage I've filmed as test footage as I re-filmed these scenes.
 So I spent more time than I thought filming the first scene as I was waiting for people to move out of the shot. I started filming at around 3 o'clock as I thought it would be an appropriate time for lighting and it fitted in with my plot as when May looks at her watch and sees that it's nearly sundown, it's appropriate to film just before dusk rather than at half 11 in the morning or else it wouldn't look real.
 Because I spent so long filming the first scene, it was too dark to film the second scene which is why I filmed on the 18th. Also, the original plan was to film on the 10th and 11th as it was over the weekend and there was plenty of time. However, my actress had to cancel at the last minute so I moved it to the 12th.
 The final problem was that the room I had planned to film half of my scene 2 in had at the last minute needed emergency work on the floor tiling so that was completely off limits as well. This means that instead of May entering the original room, she is now entering through the kitchen instead. However, I've managed to play this problem to my advantage and use it as apart of my location. I'm going to write a warning on the door, something like 'keep out, dead inside' and include some more dialogue in the voice over so that it all fits together.

 So below is my test footage which I originally was going to use as my first scene but decided against it as a better filming opportunity popped up. Using this as test footage was ideal as it allowed me to see which shots worked and what shots didn't. For example, I had a close up of the shirt as she was walking along but it didn't look very good so I scrapped this shot when I went to re film this scene. Also, it allowed me to spot any continuity mistakes or camera mishaps that I would then avoid when filming again.


And now I have finally finished filming so I can begin the editing process!


Until next time,
                         Toni

1 comment:

  1. It would be helpful for you to post an update about how things have been going over the last week.

    ReplyDelete