Saturday 3 January 2015

Props

This is a really short post about the props I'll be using within my title sequence.

 A bat will be used as May's weapon when we see her for the first time in the panning shot of her body.

 If I can't get a hold of a bat, I'll use a golf club instead as this will be just as effective.

When May is in the living room at the end, I want to use this type of lamp as her source of light on the table next to her. The reason why I want one of these types in particular is so that I can highlight the idea that all technology has gone. That she's resulted to using old fashioned appliances as a way of getting by.

 If I can't get a hold of one of those types of lamps, I'll use a more modern camping version as this still runs on batteries rather than household mains.

I'll be using fake blood on the clothing and weapon she has about her person as this will intensify the situation and help establish the horror theme of it as blood is a general element of that genre.

 I also want to place this fake blood on various parts of the location where I'll be filming as a way of creating a tense situation. For example, if I can I'll make a puddle of it in the lane where she'll be walking up. I'll also create blood handprints on the house near the windows and doors as a way of showing the ever present threat of the others.

So that is all for this post.
Until next time,
                          Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment