Thursday 1 January 2015

My Script and Plot Outline

So in today's post I will be talking about my script and a quick outline of my plot which will help create more sense of my storyboard.
 So first off, I'll show you the script.


It is fair to say it seems quite bleak but I don't want to over complicate my opening sequence with a mass of dialogue. I want to keep it simple whilst May, discusses very little of the world she lives in with the audience. I want them to guess and figure out who 'they' are.

Plot
So May has just lost her sister to the others whilst they were both out hunting for food. This is why she has a weapon and explains the reasons for having blood on her shirt. She is obviously upset as she is now completely alone in the world, she doesn't know of any other humans alive. She sits in her house, upset and angry before looking at her watch. Realising the time, she closes curtains and locks windows and doors, because the nighttime is when the others are especially active. This is what makes her even more angry, that she lost her sister to the slowest of the others whilst out on a hunt, whilst the stronger ones rest in the darkness before making their appearance at night. May sits in her front room with a small lantern, and runs over the days events in her head once again, before turning off the lantern and resting up for another day in once has home to her is now Hell.

So it's quite a straight forward script and plot but I wanted to keep it simple. I might add in a couple more scenes or dialogue but that depends on whether or not I'll have enough time to do so as I want to limit this title sequence to at the most 3 minutes.

So that's all for today's post.
Until next time,
                          Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment