Monday 13 October 2014

Even More Planning - Shooting Schedule

This is the final post on planning and today it is all about the shooting shedule. I was given a template as to how to fill it out but I decided to create my own.
 As you can see I'm going to attempt to film it all in one day which would be an acheivement and a half if I manage to do so. The good thing is, is that there's only two people needed for this so there's less people to organise together.
 So, onto explaing the schedule. The date obviously tells you when you'll be filming the shots and the scene column tells you what scene you'll be filming when. I only have two scene to film so I've decided to arrange mine in chronological order. The reason being is that there isn't a huge maount to film so I can't imagine it taking a very long amount of time. Plus, it reduces the risk of continuity errors (which is something I really don't want in my first scripted task).
 The location column tells you where each shot will be filmed. Because I'll be filimg inside my own house I just put down which room each scene will be filmed in. Of course, if you're filming somewhere outside or in multiple different places it would make sense to put down the name of each place the shots are filmed. However, in this case I'll just stick to rooms.
 The description of shot column is where you write a breif description of what's happening in each shot you take. I just wrote down the type of shot, the camera movement and anything that happens within the shot such as dialogue and the actor's movements.
 Lastly, the cast column is jsut to let you know who's needed where and who is on screen at each shot. Unfortunately, someone dropped out at the last minute so I was the only one available to take their space so wherever their name is in the casting column, I'll take their space in the shot.
 So, as I said in my last post, the next lot of posts are all about editing which is probably much more exciting than planning the whole thing. These posts will start appearing sometime in the week so watch this space.
 Until next time,
                          Toni


No comments:

Post a Comment