Monday 6 October 2014

Camera Movement

Okay, so today's post is all about the process of making the video on camera movement. So a couple days ago I talked all about health and safety so check that out if you want to here.
 Although I mentioned in my camera shots post how pleasanlty surprised I was when creating the video this one was no different - if anything, I thought it was slightly easier.
 I only had a few shots to take around school which took less time than I thought. Capturing the movements was a piece of cake as I had a tripod to help reduce the shaky hand syndrome I've got going on when holding the camera manually. My favourite movement was the overhead pan which was taken by placing the camera on the tripod and holding it very high in the air above my head. Depsite the fact my hands were shaking like nobody's business. it turned out pretty well. Even though I was paying too much attention to the camera screen and not particularly looking where I was going, it turned out really well. I was nice to be more hands on with the tripod which helped me to gain more confidence when using it as in my last video I was constantly nervous in case it fell off.
 However, the reverse zoom was the most difficult to film. I must have spent at least 5 minutes trying to get the camera to focus on a flower.
 The editing process didn't take any longer than two hours which I was not expecting. I thought at the beginning of the course, before I started even getting to grips with the equipement, that editing would be the most time consuming task.
 Overall, the process of this task, compared to the camera shots, was easier and took less time to create. I really enjoyed doing this again and now that the preliminary tasks are completed, I can move on to creating the more challenging videos. Watch this space… and also my video!
Until next time,
                          Toni

1 comment:

  1. Some very good use of location here, and some effective control of the camera. Smooth pans and tilts are hard to achieve. Your shots are well-framed and imaginative (for example, your zooms and tilts). Very pleased also with your experimentation with effects and titles. All very strong, in fact - well done!

    ReplyDelete