Tuesday 11 November 2014

Counting Down to Continuity

Alright,
             today's post is going to be a short one as all I'll be discussing is a script. I've started a new project on continuity and the idea is to film a short scripted piece where I show 3 key camera terms as how to avoid continuity.
 The name of my new projecy is The Little Life of Eve Snow and is contains a 3 minute dialogue scene between two friends discussing normal life before one friend drops a bombshell that she's pregnant.
I got to choose my own setting, scene and the chance to write my own script as well. The images below show the script and gives an overview as to what I want to happen in each scene.

(Excuse the quality of the images - darn you, recycled paper!)
The two main characters are Rachel Snow and her friend Cath. This is the template as to how each scene will go but I may add in a couple of extra lines and actions when it comes to filming the actual thing.
 In this project I have to keep to the 180° rule, include a shot/reverse shot and an action scene but I'll go into more depth on these terms in my next post so stay tuned for that. Also, I'll be uploading my storyboard sometime this week too - keep your eyes peeled.
 That's all I have for today so,
 Until next time,
                          Toni
 
 

1 comment:

  1. It would be useful for you to upload a storyboard to support this, clearly indicating where you are going to include the required continuity elements.

    ReplyDelete