Sunday 7 December 2014

Conventions of a Title Sequence

So I've started my new project this week and right now I am researching into film opening title sequences as the task is to create one as my final piece.
 Research is very important in this project as it will benefit me to create of high quality piece of work. If I don't do the research then my project won't be as good as it won't look real and seem like an  actual opening sequence.
So to start me off, I looked online at the typical conventions of a title sequence. One site in particular which I found helpful was The Art of Titles which includes are whole range of different opening and closing title sequences.
I created this PowerPoint which can be found here on slide share. This includes a short description of what a title sequence is and I've also taken screen grabs of' The Conjuring' to demonstrate what each convention is.

So that's all for today's post. In the next couple of weeks I'll be analyzing opening sequences of films related to the genre I've chosen to do (but that won't be revealed until the next post)
Until next time,
                       Toni

2 comments:

  1. For some reason (much to my frustration), I've discovered that Slideshare is blocked on East Coast wifi. I will take a look at your presentation tomorrow. A key thing to remember is the order (and nature) of the credits; when you are planning out your sequence you should build these in from the outset - it should not be a last-minute thing (this often happens). In particular, you might want to consider how you are going to create the ideas you suggest of foreshadowing and symbolism, since these can be quite significant. Once you've selected your genre, you should take a look to consider how these elements function typically within films of that genre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that there isn't a huge amount of analysis here, although you have identified many of the conventions. It will be interesting to see how many of your chosen sequences conform to your findings.

    ReplyDelete