Friday 12 September 2014

Media Induction Task

Okay, so for my first formal post I will be uploading a video that was given to me as an induction task.
The idea was to present either yourself or someone you know in positive light and it couldn't be more than 30 seconds long. Piece of cake, right?

Wrong.
I was scratching my head for ages, wondering what I could possibly do to keep mine interesting. I didn't want it to be 30 seconds of someone forcing a smile into a camera, talking about what is good about them - nobody likes a bragger.

Another thing was I had no one to do it on. I didn't want it to be about myself and I didn't think talking about a celebrity was what the criteria was asking for. So instead of creating a video about someone, I thought I would focus it on their achievements instead.

There is a wall covered in awards and photographs in my house and they're all linked to my father who has spent the last 40 odd years of his life working in the prison service and I couldn't be more prouder of him. The video is a little fast which I apologize for - 30 seconds isn't a long time, I don't know how TV adverts do it! Also, the quality is lagging as my camera isn't the best for HD videos but that'll soon change.

So this is a short and sweet video and I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment